Anakin Links

Follow Anakin The Two Legged Cat on,


Anakin's Facebook PageAnakin's TwitterAnakin on PintrestAnakinTwoLegs on InstagramAnakin's Tumblr Anakin's TikTok Anakin's YouTube Channel

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ani Update!

 It's going to be up & down here for a little while until we get his problem resolved completely. For today, right now, Ani is back on an up swing. Last night around 1:00 am the swelling reduced enough and went back inside & he slept very well through the night. Even before that happened you could tell he was feeling much better because he was making happy feet & drooling in his cone (yes, he's one of those that drools when he's happy) This morning at our vet, she thought everything was looking much better. The swelling is still there but not as big and since it is all inside now it should keep going down. I am to continue everything I have been doing, we did decide to reduce his food intake a little bit & supplement it more with Nutracal so he will have less waste. He is already on A/D Critical Care which is a low bulk food. We also start Anakin on Oral Barium to help soothe his GI track & intestines & I got Laculose and will be trying that as well. We aren't sure if he is going to try to poop today, since he did only have 2 meals yesterday. She didn't feel anything down there yet but that can change in a matter of hours. I also want to make it clear that my vet & I will always do what we feel is best for Anakin. The surgeries he has had are not major surgery. The surgery involve placing stiches around the outside of Anakin's anus to hold the rectal tissue that was swelling out in place. This is a surgery that’s done often on puppies & kittens under 6 months of age and sometimes it does take multiple attempts to correct this problem. This is not a life threatening condition for him right now and with proper medications and care I truly believe that Anakin is going to be just fine. This is just a bump in the road! Thank you so much for all your care and support. I will keep you all posted! Here's a pix of Anakin making Happy Feet on my son's bed last night.

Anakin making Happy feet wearing his cone after surgery.

6 comments:

  1. Hearing about Anakin and his story is so inspiring. I get worried often and I'm glad you're keeping us all updated.
    Get well soon Ani! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up de grate werk on yur road ta ree cover ree buddy...mor blessings oh ST Francis for ewe; coz they always help :)

    and just think...3 months frum now may bee ewe will be fryin sum trout on de grill N makin samiches sted oh messin with ice cream cones !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love your comments :) It's almost like reading another language!

      Delete
  3. I am glad to hear about your surgery I was worried. Dad is a nurse so was kind of surprised to hear you had surgery for something like this. The information makes it all clear. Surprised also that laculose is given. Although it really is good in getting things moving
    Purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think she is hope that laculose will counter balance the pain meds slowing down his digestive system and causing constipation. I hope she's right.

      Delete
  4. (I have lurked from the beginning, and don't comment. But I still am pulling for Ani, that he will out-grow this very soon so his discomfort - and yours, Carrie! - will ease up quickly!)

    ReplyDelete